To all who love puukko knives!

S

Stor Olav

My good friend Raymond Richard suggested I look into this forum, and I'm glad I did. My favorite type of knife to make is a variant of the old time Finnish puukko, and I also repair and restore damaged old Scandinavian knives. I had a web site, but dropped it when I developed heart problems. Ray has been bugging me to get back up on-line, so this is my first venture since getting on the road to recovery. So for those of you who've tried that old site (www.berglandknives.com), give an old guy a break, and thanks for hanging in there. In the meantime, I think I'll harass my pal Ray...

Stor Olav

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, That means I can keep an eye out for the forum and make changes or delete spam. I just try to keep things running smooth...

Welcome to the kennel :)

I've only made one puukko, my favorite part was making the sheath. I made it in a class tought by Kia Vicstrom (I probably just butchered the spelling of his name), are you familiar with his work?

Hello, That means I can keep an eye out for the forum and make changes or delete spam. I just try to keep things running smooth...

And the cape! He loves the cape!

SuperMod.jpg

Stor, welcome to the pack and congrats on jumping on the road to recovery.

Muroh

Welcome to the kennel :) I've only made one puukko, my favorite part was making the sheath. I made it in a class tought by Kia Vicstrom (I probably just butchered the spelling of his name), are you familiar with his work?
Hi, Les, I have heard about the man, but am not sure if he's Norwegian or Swedish. There sure are some fine knifemakers over there, I'm distantly related to Havard Bergland and Olav Walle. I too really enjoy the sheathmaking, and totally enjoy the process of blending handle materials. Am about to embark on forge-welding laminated blades, so far I've used single steel in my forging, with a Finnish mode of edge quenching to achieve toughness. I've gotten loads of help over the years from other Oregon knifemakers, what a great bunch of guys!

Back