Tonight's session went well

Absinthe

Tonight I finally got a belt for my 1x30. So I found all 7 blades, 6 springs, and 6 pair of liners. It was a blast. And other than the table needing some changes, I am not unhappy with the performance of that little 1x30. Also, I really love a 40 grit zircon belt. (Wonder if I can get some tweezers to go with it ;) )

I was able to use the table/platen combo on the steel, but once I had pined in the liners together, I had to freehand them, and they worked fine on the slack belt. Not sure if I am doing this right, but I am sure having a blast.

I have to draw up 2 more sets of bolsters and cut out the ones I already have. I also have to choose some scale materials for which I am open to suggestions.

The one pattern is a Sodbuster. I just picked up a nice 1995 or 1998 Sodbuster for a song. I notice it has a big brass in the pivot location. I originally thought it would have been a loveless, but I see no fisheye. Did case use Corby bolts on these or something else?

I am looking for ideas on scale materials for these. Is there a synthetic that would look like fishnet, for my lady's Leg?

I have some woods, I was considering some purple heart with yellow brass bolsters on the sunfish..

I tried to post a picture but it won't let me. Here is a link to the progress on Instagram. I will try download and shrink the picture and post it later for those who can't see out to IGWIP on IG

Tonight I finally got a belt for my 1x30. So I found all 7 blades, 6 springs, and 6 pair of liners. It was a blast. And other than the table needing some changes, I am not unhappy with the performance of that little 1x30. Also, I really love a 40 grit zircon belt. (Wonder if I can get some tweezers to go with it ;) )

I was able to use the table/platen combo on the steel, but once I had pined in the liners together, I had to freehand them, and they worked fine on the slack belt. Not sure if I am doing this right, but I am sure having a blast.

I have to draw up 2 more sets of bolsters and cut out the ones I already have. I also have to choose some scale materials for which I am open to suggestions.

The one pattern is a Sodbuster. I just picked up a nice 1995 or 1998 Sodbuster for a song. I notice it has a big brass in the pivot location. I originally thought it would have been a loveless, but I see no fisheye. Did case use Corby bolts on these or something else?

I am looking for ideas on scale materials for these. Is there a synthetic that would look like fishnet, for my lady's Leg?

I have some woods, I was considering some purple heart with yellow brass bolsters on the sunfish..

I tried to post a picture but it won't let me. Here is a link to the progress on Instagram. I will try download and shrink the picture and post it later for those who can't see out to IGWIP on IG
46c37e2aa78c3e2de98f4fb6788cfc7d01ceb77c.jpg

I still use the Sears Poncho line to this day.

"I poked 'n stroked till my wrist got numb"

My Favorite...

I gave him the money
He acted real funny
He hocked up a rock and
It TOTALLED my car!

Back