Trying to keep cool in Memphis, TN

R

ramjam

I'm a new member as of today. We've been going through a heat wave her in TN and wouldn't mind if it would cool down a few degrees. My son plays football and they've gone to practicing at night because of the heat index rules. I'm a Christian and proud of it. I've got the best boss a person can have. I'm married (22 years) with 4 kids, ages 10-18, and 2 dogs. It's amazing my wife and I are still alive with 3 1/2 teenagers. I just started seriously collecting knives in the last year, although I've been interested in them a long time. I've always fished and camped a lot and have coached my kids in all of the sports. I've been looking for a good forum to learn more about knives and possibly buy and sell a few. I have a couple of custom fixed blades and a set of old Bulldogs, ivory handled folding knives, that I need to sell to pay for the school startup expenses. I'm looking forward to looking through this site. It sounds like a good site to visit with good people.
ramjam

Welcome to KD! (from a fellow-Christian and Memphian). I live out in Oakland now (technically juuuust past it in Somerville).

yeah, this heat is KILLER! What school do they play for?

Last edited:
Welcome to the pack! I'm over the river and up the road a bit over in Arkansas. Good to have another like minded southerner among our ranks. You sound like good people in my book. Look forward to seeing pics of your collection.

Welcome from 525 away but still in tn .lol even thou im only 1 mile from NC +20 miles from damascus,va ..yep im a ridge runner.....your weather there is brutal in the summer.I just joined yesterday and I have got a good feeling from this group .

Speaking of Memphis weather today... outta NO WHERE just now, one good thunder-clap and it started POURING out of no where...

Brad, that storm hit me as soon as I got to work this morning. It rained for five minutes and then was gone. I was so disappointed.

Back