Two New Liner Locks

BrandantR

I've had these two liner locks on my bench for far too long, but I was able to get them finished up last weekend. Since my photography skills are still absolutely terrible, I've linked a couple videos of the knives which show them off much better than a photo anyways. The first one is my Bobcat design with CPM154 blade, Damasteel bolsters, anodized titanium liners, fileworked 416 spacer, and stabilized maple burl scales.

The second knife is my Jaguar design with a CPM154 blade, zirconium bolsters, anodized and fileworked titanium liners, fileworked 416 spacer, and natural Micarta scales.

I've tried to decide which one I like best, but I like them both for different reasons. It's kind of like picking a favorite child LOL. Let me know what you think. All comments and critique are appreciated.

They're both gorgeous! I don't think I could pick a favorite either. I'm working on my first slipjoint and it's a totally different ballgame compared to a fixed blade.

Nice work buddy!

I like the Micarta one best, design and materials. Not that the other one is not nice because it is just my personal taste.

Holy moley, those are beauts. I like the second one better with the stabilized maple burl scales the best. It is hard to decide though!! Top shelf work!!

top shelf work ~ you know, where you put the good stuff!!!

There is something about the bobcat with its material choice that makes it a sight preference even though the jaguar design is my personal favourite. The damasteel bolster is beautiful and really enhances the maple burl. Imagine how it will look with giraffe bone and jeweled titanium (sigh, drool)

There is something about the bobcat with its material choice that makes it a sight preference even though the jaguar design is my personal favourite. The damasteel bolster is beautiful and really enhances the maple burl. Imagine how it will look with giraffe bone and jeweled titanium (sigh, drool)
Giraffe bone and titanium would definitely be a great combination. I've never worked with giraffe, but I've worked with other bone before. How is the giraffe to work with?

Thanks, everyone, for your kind comments. I'm quite please with how these turned out. I sure love making knives!!!

Giraffe bone and titanium would definitely be a great combination. I've never worked with giraffe, but I've worked with other bone before. How is the giraffe to work with?
It is much denser than most all other bone and has a beautifu creamy look in its natural state which I prefer to any of the dyed finishes.I have done a few with it and have been waiting over 7 months for a very arge shipment to come from Africa. They are going round in circles with export/import where the first twice I got it (from a different source) it came through the post in a couple of weeks with no drama. I have some saved for our project though

It is much denser than most all other bone and has a beautifu creamy look in its natural state which I prefer to any of the dyed finishes.I have done a few with it and have been waiting over 7 months for a very arge shipment to come from Africa. They are going round in circles with export/import where the first twice I got it (from a different source) it came through the post in a couple of weeks with no drama. I have some saved for our project though
Sounds good. I look forward to giving it a try.

Those are really nice folders there Brandant. I remember when you started on folders, you've come far fast.
I got to say my favorite of the two is the zirc with micarta !

Those are really nice folders there Brandant. I remember when you started on folders, you've come far fast.
I got to say my favorite of the two is the zirc with micarta !
Thanks, Steve. I greatly appreciate your comment. I really haven't been making knives for all that long, but I try to make each knife better than the last. I've found that a good, honest critique of one's own work, focusing on how it might be improved, is the key to getting better. I've also appreciated all of the help from my fellow Knife Dogs along the way. A self-taught guy like me wouldn't be where I am today without the great people here who willing to share their experience and advise freely. Knife makers are wonderful people.

Back