Umm Umm Good!

knifecarver

:chef:Ate Deer steaks on New Year's Day and Mixed Bacon & Sausage into ground Deer for burgers for tonight. :1971_dancing_dog::s11779:I want more:tt1: Why can't I buy this stuff in the store. I can't help watching wildlife shows and saying, "I wonder how that tastes!" Must be the Canadian in me.:biggrin:(No offense)

You mix bacon AND sausage into your deer burgers? Are you really from Chicago? (Daaaa Bears......) kidding, that sounds pretty good.....:biggrin:

That sounds like to much of good thing. There are stores where you can get wild meats all over the net. Couple months back my friend served up porcupine that was purchased at an online store and it was delicious. Next month beaver tail is on the menu.

:s12137:That's too funny Brad! I forgot to mention, it was maple flavored Bacon!

I'm looking online for butchers in my area. If meat prices keep going up, I might have to start raising rabbits & chickens! (I live in an urban area)

My wife and I made up our bacon from this years pigs. The brine was kosher salt and maple syrup. I'm very careful about what I eat but that bacon is tough to resist.

Trust me growing your own food is time consuming however nothing tastes better than home grown pigs, chicken, beef.

Back