Unloading heavy equipment....the easy way.

Self Made Knives

We all end up purchasing things that are difficult to unload. Mills, compressors, surface grinders, etc. Freight companies charge extra for tailgate service (and still may not deliver), but how the heck do you get a large palletized item out of your truck? If your shop is large enough, I highly recommend purchasing a lift, I got mine used and in the grand scheme of life, it was cheap!
[video=youtube_share;o7vU2EB2lsg]https://youtu.be/o7vU2EB2lsg[/video]

anther great video.

I would have either:

Ran into my garage door on the way in, having forgotten to check the height of the load

or

Put my tailgate up out of habit and drove out, dumping my new air compressor over into the floor.

When you were unchain in it I said to myself, now you just need a pallet jack and the next thing I saw...

I have an A frame with a Harbor Frieght hoist and pipe rollers and not enough concrete surface.

Ha! Yeah John, it barely fit in the door. That was part of the problem I had too, it was so tall I couldn't grab it with an engine hoist. I've got a backhoe too, but there isn't anywhere on top of it to tie off to, so my third option was the lift. I'll say again, if you can ever get a shop with enough room, try to find a car lift. Heck, I think I use it a lot more for non-car projects. I found mine used for $1000 and it is well worth it. I'll post a review of the compressor too, eventually.

no doubt. having a lift is a lifesaver if you've got room for one. i decide what I'm willing to pay for truck repairs based on whether or not fixing it myself involves me crawling around on the floor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back