Update?, Knife Pics?, Am I Alive? Lol

That there is funny. I had the calculator watch in school and used it often. Once I figured out how to silence the “beeps” when you pushed the buttons so the teacher would not hear...it was on...

i’ll bet! HAHAHA!

In that same class as the immortal fistfight, there was a cold war of sorts about who had the best calculator. One day a fellow stunned the room into silence as he produced his new machine from its *case*. The look of victory / smug superiority filled his face and increased the weight of the hushed air in the room as he opened his two-sided, center-hinged destroyer of worlds. Nobody dared speak- except the white-coated instructor who peered down from his raised platform at the chalkboard and asked “Did you get that to impress the ladies?”

Ha ha, I was kind of wondering the same thing. I went to school just outside of Philly and the chicks weren't all that impressed with calculators, but the more I think about it...I don't think anything but desk top sized one's existed back then. now if you had access to an electric typewriter, that might have turned some heads. that was the mid to late 70s.
BUT....I will say they were damn good times growing up in those years, I believe the world was a better place then too.
For me anyways...……….:D

The 60's for me in country district co-ed school (5 to 17year olds) with less than 50 high school pupils (left school in mid 67) The closest we came to having anything other than pencil and paper was the logarithm book which I could never make head nor tail of.
We were not allowed ball point pens when they first became widely available until about 1963 or 4
I am convinced we had the very best of the after war years to grow up in with lots of prosperity and jobs everywhere. Has gradually gone down hill since then with a very steep drop off in so many areas in the last 15 to 20 years.

Back