Utility with Filework.

dazcon

Latest knife from the shed. First one off my latest bevel filing jig. 5mm 01 with green canvas micarta scales, black liners,stainless and brass pins . Leather dangler sheath.

Thanks for looking. Comments, good or bad always welcome,

Darren.

I was taken by the crispness of the bevel lines & neatness of the plunge line. The execution of the file work is exceptional to my untrained eye. I like the way you filled the filed away portions with resin and worked it off.
It took me a while to assimilate the detail of the filing jig. I have never seen such an elaborate jig with such intricate mechanisms in it. I am impressed to say the least. My own jig is most rudementary .

I was taken by the crispness of the bevel lines & neatness of the plunge line. The execution of the file work is exceptional to my untrained eye. I like the way you filled the filed away portions with resin and worked it off.
It took me a while to assimilate the detail of the filing jig. I have never seen such an elaborate jig with such intricate mechanisms in it. I am impressed to say the least. .

Very well said. Agree 100%

Thanks for your kind words guys. Very much appreciated. The jig has been developing over the years to what you see now. As I try to improve the quality of my knives the jig developed to overcome the problems I encountered. I'm pretty happy with it's performance so far.

Beautiful knife dazcon, and that jig...wow! at first glance it could be mistaken for some part of a time travel machine.
that's a lot of intricate work right there, well done!

Damn, that is sweeeeeet! I remember seeing the filing jig but it seems like that was not too long ago. To see someone who recently started turning out that level of work. You got the whole package. The knife has great form, the handle works well with the blade and the file work. Well that is just the icing on the cake! Two thumbs up!

Thank you kindly Sir! After ten years of using bevel filing jigs I feel I'm finally getting close to the finish I seek. The filework just takes a bit of practise but it is always risky.

Back