Vanax

izafireman

My first try at a kitchen knife. Laser cut from Vanax and heat treated then Cyro.

This knife will be used by the UK steel rep so afraid I cannot claim all the glory as I didn't want to mess this up so a pal did the grind off the back of the knife for me, in reality I could have done it but wanted to see a demo first. Handle is a tree I cut down years ago which was field maple that spalted, fully stabilised by myself and then handled with black G10.

Satin finished using 'scurf' wheels and then the rest was hand sanded. It has a 20 degree edge which was ground on a Tormek using CBN water cooled wheels 600 then 1000 grit. Final honing was 3 passes per side on paper wheels/honing jig with 5 micron and .25 micron paste. This gave an incredible edge with slices Rizla papers with ease.

Not a cheap steel but superb in my opinion....oh and I believe your Navy SEAL's like it so much they adopted it for use I am told.

Attachments

• Vanax 1.jpg
    Vanax 1.jpg
    984.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Vanax 3.jpg
    Vanax 3.jpg
    975.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Vanax 4.jpg
    Vanax 4.jpg
    916.3 KB · Views: 23
  • vanax 5.jpg
    vanax 5.jpg
    748.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Vanax 6.jpg
    Vanax 6.jpg
    870.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Vanax 7.jpg
    Vanax 7.jpg
    743.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Vanax 8.jpg
    Vanax 8.jpg
    830.1 KB · Views: 20
Looks good to me. Someone to check out on YouTube that does and explains a plungeless grind is Ekim Knives. I did my first no plunge grind chefs knife after watching his video. I used a lot of Sharpie to keep track of the grind line worked GREAT!!

Looks good to me. Someone to check out on YouTube that does and explains a plungeless grind is Ekim Knives. I did my first no plunge grind chefs knife after watching his video. I used a lot of Sharpie to keep track of the grind line worked GREAT!!

Yes that's what my pal showed me when the grind was done, he used a marker too. Its actually something that I can do on smaller knives but as this was so special I didn't want to mess it up.

Back