w2, textured copper, koa, hamon... gift for friend

kevin - the professor

Hello Everyone,
here is a knife I made to be used by one of my oldest friends. He is a cowboy and a firefighter. I trust that he will use it a lot.

The blade is pretty thin, but not too thin, if you now what I mean. I textured the copper to work harden it, and also so scratches wouldn't matter.

I hope he likes it. I am trading a couple of boxes of old files from a shop that was in his family between 1930 and 1985 or so. Lots of old files. I think they will be fun stock to play with, and I wanted to make a knife for my friend.

thanks for looking.
kc

DSC04309.jpg

DSC04310.jpg

DSC04320.jpg

Kevin,
Definitely looks like a user and from what you stated it will get used. I am sure he is going to like it, I do.

Wade

thanks guys.
George - this is the shape I make for myself, too.

Dan - when I take it easy and make a knife for the fun of it, they always look a lot like this, don't they. JD, being JD, was the first to point out to me that I had sort of a, "style." Not to mean stylish, but that there is a certain look to the full tang using knives I make that leave them easy to identify. Even though I don't try to. It just works out that way. Lucky for me, I got orders for 7 more of these after posting the first one.

I probably won't make them in a big batch, because that would take all of the fun out of it!

take care,
kc

Back