W2 with hamon and oosic

jkf96a

This knife is among the most complex I've done to date. There are 14 separate pieces. The blade is W2 from Aldo Bruno, clay quenched for a hamon. The knife has swedges, a 1200 grit etched finish, and just a hint of convex edge geometry. The fittings are fluted and browned mild steel, with a few stainless spacers for "pop". The handle is a fine piece of fossilized oosic from the estate of a local knifemaker. I've never seen oosic with this much texture and color variation. You'll notice a finial in the picture. The knife was built as a takedown for construction, but was glued up at the finial finish. OAL is 10 inches including the finial, with a 4 3/4" blade. Right hand tooled sheath with a keeper strap is my work also. Price will be $600, shipped insured to your door.
Here's an image Cory Martin shot. This is a great pic of a great knife. Hopefully we'll see it in print some day.
Jason-Fry-Oosik-Hunter-WEB-PHOTO.jpg

Here's a short video I did of the knife. Note the even plunges and swedges, among other things.
[video=youtube_share;0JtWyJ5ag_Q]http://youtu.be/0JtWyJ5ag_Q[/video]
Here's a picture of the sheath.
IMG_0572.jpg

Paypal or MO, or consider full or partial FTF trades for hanguns.

Beautiful knife, Jason. I wonder if you would mind sharing how you "Browned the Mild steel? Thanks,

Wallace

Back