Wanted anvil and or plate

Bishop

Hello
I recently got into smithing as a hobby more so than a full time job and I would like to have a decent anvil. I have currently just a old hammer head I've been using. If someone out there wants to be so kind and sell me one of theirs...maybe you have an old one in the back that's in bad shape I would gladly take it off your hands also I would like to put out there that if I can't find an anvil I'd like to also buy some plate 4130 or better...maybe someone has a 4x8 piece of plate laying around that they could let go of..I would like it at least 3/4 inch thick...1 inch would be ideal....what do you got? Let me know and we can work something out....help a fellow get his start.
you won't regret it.
Mahalo nui loa
Tyler bishop

You might want to visit some steel recycle shops.
All of a fabrication shop cutoffs get recycled, find out who is nearby, and then go visiting with a few bucks.
Try to get something thicker than 1", 6" thick would work better for most tasks.

I know a place where you can buy a RR track anvil , its about 16 " long polished and painted red. The guy is a member here at KD . Waterjet -tech Jay Cantwell 1 314 426 6900. they are real nice and are wide gauge track.

I think he sells them for about 85 $ He has quite a few of them , they are a new product for the company..... Bubba

Back