Warthog Blackout

liontribe

this is one for a good customer. he requested dark handle material and a dark finish with bright highlights. i used W2 tool steel and gave it black micarta for scales. the wrap is black hemp cord. finish is a very dark Crime Scene finish. this one is a little different in the grind as well. i gave it a high flat grind with my Recurve grind line. i don't do it often. it is a super pain in the ass to get it right. each grind line has two distinct curves, hard to get both sides just right. i was just in a good grinding mood that day.

liontribe

WarthogBlackout022.jpg

WarthogBlackout016.jpg

WarthogBlackout026.jpg

WarthogBlackout019.jpg

WarthogBlackout042.jpg

Last edited:
That's awesome- the wrap fits well with look- are those water ski gloves? this knife has kind of a Waterworld look about it....

Very nice. Your grinds look very good and the overall look is fantastic. That crime scene finish is my favorite. You wouldnt want to share how you get that would you?
The gloves look similar to a pair I use in the shop....not the same brand, and mine arent as pretty anymore.

Nice work. I particularly like the profile on this one.

thanks. the gloves are just mechanix work gloves. i use them as shooting gloves. the etch is very high tech and complicated. :biggrin: i use glue as a resist and lay it out in a random pattern. let it dry well and etch with ferric chloride. i use white wine vinegar to get a frosted effect.

liontribe

it won't be too much longer. i just finished the sheath for the Makeshift. it is smoking sharp. watch those fingers. :3:

liontribe

Back