Welded SS Loops

Gliden07

Looking to find some welded SS loops that are ID 1-1/2" wide X 1-1/4" ID. This is for an item I was required to make. I want to make some extras for my Etsy shop too. I've looked on web and haven't had much luck with this size.

Looking to find some welded SS loops that are ID 1-1/2" wide X 1-1/4" ID. This is for an item I was required to make. I want to make some extras for my Etsy shop too. I've looked on web and haven't had much luck with this size.

You're looking for welded rings that are 1-1/2" OD x 1-1/4" ID? That means the ring material would only be about 1/8" thick, which would likely make it a little too flimsy for your average "welded ring application". What exactly are you using them for?

https://www.mcmaster.com/3769t73 is probably about as close as you'll get, though the OD will be 1-5/8".

Like Raymond said, you can cut them from tube: https://www.mcmaster.com/stainless-...seamless-stainless-steel-tubing/od~1-5inches/

using a tubing cutter, but your ID is going to be a little larger (about 1.26").

1-1/2" ID X 1-1/4" ID the 1-1/2" has to clear a 1-1/2" belt blank. The minor size could even be 1" ID. Stainless or plated. I would prefer SS.

I suppose last resort you could always buy some SS rod and make a jig and bend exactly what you need. Welding SS is not tricky.

YMMV

I could make them yes. This is a Prototype I made WITH 1/8" SS welding rod. I welded it with my mig to get a functional piece. I'm trying to avoid making them. The item I want to make is going to be for sale. If it takes off I can't be making loops. I'm trying to make this item as quick and efficiently as possible. We all know time is money.

Attachments

• 20200422_153553.jpg
    20200422_153553.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
I could make them yes. This is a Prototype I made WITH 1/8" SS welding rod. I welded it with my mig to get a functional piece. I'm trying to avoid making them. The item I want to make is going to be for sale. If it takes off I can't be making loops. I'm trying to make this item as quick and efficiently as possible. We all know time is money.
Have you checked Tandy Leather or one of the other leather supply houses?

Have you checked Tandy Leather or one of the other leather supply houses?

Yes, I found nothing at Tandy and Wilson. I may have found something at Strapworks. Its a little undersized width wise. I want 1" the ring they have is .91" so not that far off?

Back