What are the parameters for a "hunter"?

I thought I would throw the perspective of a master hunter into the mix. The link will take you to an article written by Ross Seyfried. Ross has guided extensively in North America and was a professional hunter in Africa. He has written for Guns and Ammo, Rifle, Handloader, The Double Gun Journal, among others.

http://www.nrahuntersrights.org/Article.aspx?id=704

Enjoy.

Lee

Thanks for sharing a mighty fine article! I especially got a kick out of him mentioning the guy with the pocket knife. I've field dressed and processed a few Whitetails with a pocket knife in my younger days, not to mention countless fur bearers and had nary a problem. I never feel "under knifed" when carrying my favorite Case pocket knife. I much prefer them over one of the single bladed folders you see these days.

Good thread.
Guess it all comes down to being able to perform the task it's presented with.
I don't know how many hunters I've made.
I also have no idea how many deer I've dressed out in the cold and the dark with only a flashlight in my teeth or a head lamp, or possibly in the headlights of a truck.
I prefer a 4 5/8" blade. :what!:
3" blades are for cleaning your fingernails. Or opening your mail.
Just the way I see it.
I want something that fills my hand and lets me know I actually have something there I don't have to look for in the snow and dark and the cold.

P1010858small.jpg

MattQuick-1.jpg

W2Sombrero-1.jpg

LFa-1_zps3266d883.jpg

RonRub2-1.jpg

Illi-sota3a.jpg

SHR-1.jpg

LR1.jpg

Back