What's going on in your shop?

Finished these two, don’t know what to call them, any ideas? Top one is for a purse. I sketch these out and just make them from perusing many knife shapes.
View attachment 77661
View attachment 77662
I’ve been wanting to try one of those straight razor shaped short choppers for a while, you inspired me, I just roughed one out and put pin holes in. Using 1.5” x3/16 1084 with my preferred handle shape and a slightly modified blade. Hope you don’t mind, yours is gorgeous

What happened to our build along, you cheated us. I might suggest doing the pool last though.
I didn't mean to cheat y'all . I was worried that I would screw it up and have that documented. as to your suggestion about the pool being last , I have go agree ( I'm not a real big dope, ya know) . I have to wait till I finish the sauna and the bowling alley so I can lay out the pool. EVERYONE knows that. Sheesh.
I will document the interior closely. I mean , what could possibly go wrong there?

I’ve been wanting to try one of those straight razor shaped short choppers for a while, you inspired me, I just roughed one out and put pin holes in. Using 1.5” x3/16 1084 with my preferred handle shape and a slightly modified blade. Hope you don’t mind, yours is gorgeous
I missed this post, of course, my cousin who is a Chef wanted this shape and he loved it. I got the idea from his pocket knife.

I finished the frame handle Bowie without screwing it up too badly. Lots of fit and finish bits that could have gone better. Quite a challenge and a great learning experience. The next one will be better. On to making the sheath. There are more pics in my gallery for those interested in seeing more.

View attachment 77912
That looks really good, particularly for your first frame handle.

That looks really good, particularly for your first frame handle.
Thanks! I was having trouble figuring out how to shape everything before attaching it. Couldn’t come up with a decent temporary solution, so ended up with several nicks and scratches I couldn’t correct to my liking.

Back