What's On Your Bench...

Still working on my first. I got the holes drilled in the handle. Its done but it was not the easiest with what i was working with. I'm going to need to buy a small drill press for the house here the one at work is a bit wobbly. Also need a step bit not sure my holes are perfect.

uploadfromtaptalk1394838846489.jpg

Justin,
Doesn't it feel great working on your very first knife! And I can tell you that that feeling get's even better as the knives and years roll by!

Justin,
Doesn't it feel great working on your very first knife! And I can tell you that that feeling get's even better as the knives and years roll by!

Yes it does! I'm constantly thinking about the next step and it's like I can't wait till the work day is over on my regular job so I can work on my knife.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Justin, looks like you are coming along very nice. I think you would love having a drill press around. Great shop tool. And I know what you mean about can't wait to get home to work on current knife. Just as soon as you get one done, you just want to build another.

I have my small drop point hunter I'm working in another thread. Here is a large blade I'm making out of 3/16" O1 and about 12.5" long. It is already hardened and tempered, I'm just trying to get my finishing sanding as good as I can get it. I've spent several nights on it. It does have a gradual bend in it. While setting on my granite block with the bend down, the center of the blade is about .008" high. I'm not sure if I can or should try to straighten it. I'm open to suggestions. I would suspect average Joe on the street would never notice it, but the biggest critic "me" knows it's there.

Looks good redmech. I'm of absolutely no help on trying to get that bend out post heat treat but I hope you get a answer.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Looking good guys!

I have a few things in the works...

OnTheBench2014004_zpse15a25a0.jpg

OnTheBench2014016_zps1de7f83d.jpg

OnTheBench2014006_zps2a9c41ae.jpg

OnTheBench2014005_zpsdd071cc9.jpg

I just completed this one. Bocote handle, O1 blade. Four more in progress with Amboyna burl, Cocobolo, Wenge, and Myrtle wood handles.

Lee

DSC00590.jpg

I am just a hobbyist knifemaker so I don't get into the workshop as much as I would like to. managed to get a couple of hours today and got this little lot heat treated.

Start cleaning them up soon.

Back