Which Bandsaw blade?

j elky

I use a portaband mounted vertically to a small metal table to rough out my blades. I'm using mostly cpm154/154cm steel. What brand of saw blades are you guys using? Seems like I can only get two or three blades cut out before needing to change blades.

Jeff

I just cut out 4 pretty good size Bowie blades out of 3/16 1075. With one blade and it had already done a bunch of other cutting. Let me see what the box says.
What type of blades are you using?

For my HF portaband I use Morse blades. 14/18 tpi. I get them on Amazon. 3 pack is $16. They last a good while.
I cut 1/8 AEB-L. Can make 15 blades or more easy on 1 blade.

Sorry blurry pic but these were the last ones I bought. I think as long as you get quality blades not some el cheapo brand they should last.
20190405_174901.jpg

Are you using oil to cut? A little oil will make the blade last a lot longer.

14-18 tpi Staratt blades last a long time for me.

Nope, no oil. I have been using the Milwaukee blades available locally. I think I will order some Morse or Staratt to try out.

I do often brush a little Moly-D on the outside of the my morse portaband blades to keep things cool. I've seen a few of the cutting lubes in a grease stick form as well, though memory fails me which was recommended around here.

Back