Whiskey Barrel and Resin Scale

Mark Barone

I used a full white liner on the back of these as recommended in my last thread to stabilize the two different materials. My last attempt failed. I am working on a hunting knife that may wear these. I don't have a great deal of experience shining up resin so I practiced a little bit on these even before they go on the knife. I would hate to epoxy them to a blade and and not be able to make the resin look good.IMG_3333.jpg

I like those. A few years back my wife and I toured a few whiskey distilleries in Tennessee. I always wanted to try some of their oak. Does it still have an odor of whiskey?

I like those. A few years back my wife and I toured a few whiskey distilleries in Tennessee. I always wanted to try some of their oak. Does it still have an odor of whiskey?

It does, but obviously it begins to go away the more you process it. It's really more of a conversation piece as all the cool markings and charred part often get sanded and left with nice aged oak. It is still fun to use and I may enhance it more with the torch like I did on my previous knife.

Back