Who makes Kitchen knives?

well still trying to upload pic hope it comes through but this is a early chopper i make in 440-c i like my blade thicker at 1/8 inch but its a chopper

Attachments

• 100_1121.jpg
    100_1121.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 85
Here are ones I use regularly. I've got my first gyuto and a thicker Western style chef's knife on the bench right now. A friend wanted the Western style but I'll see which he really likes :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_4450.jpg
    IMG_4450.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 117
These are two I finished in Curly Maple,

Garry

curlymaple2.jpg

curlymaple.jpg

Garry those look awesome well done.

Dan your knifes look like great functional knifes well done.

Franklin that looks like a solid knife.

you guys those look great i used to be a cook in my younger years and i would of liked any of those

i have been known to make a few blades now and then but its been a while since i finished a kitchen knife

I posted these in the gallery a little while back, but I'll post 'em here too...

These are my latest kitchen knives. They were made for my mom, so I dropped the tips down for a little added safety.
(The color of the cocobolo matches a lot better than the pictures show..)
xmas2010_2.jpg

xmas2010_3.jpg

xmas2010_4.jpg

xmas2010_5.jpg

and a little utility for my neighbor..
xmas2010_1.jpg

Last edited:
here are a couple that I've done in the past

10" French Chef pattern, cocobolo handle, 52100 blade, .09 thick at the spine

french_chef_websize.jpg

Second is another 8″ Santoku style Chefs knife

Full hardened 52100 blade tempered to 58/59 RC

Cocobolo Handle

.190″ thick spine at the bolster. A VERY thin chefs knife.

Weighs 9.8 Oz

Balance point is in the bolster
cocobolo-santoku.jpg

Here's one of my 8 1/2" chef's knives.. Right now I'm finishing up a 3 piece set to take to Blade in June.. It will have a 8" boning and 4" paring knife with the chef's knife...

Attachments

• 000_0547.jpg
    000_0547.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 54
Some beautiful knives on this thread, thanks for sharing.

CC

Not big on santoku patterns but that is a really pretty knife. Are those four leaf clovers with H's in them for a particular reason?

Not big on santoku patterns but that is a really pretty knife. Are those four leaf clovers with H's in them for a particular reason?

I'm sorry for not responding sooner but I've been away. The knife was made for a friend who wanted to give a gift to a lady he worked with in the local 4H club when she retired and that was what I came up with. thank you for the compliment.
Larry

Back