Why is my video blurry?

Mark Barone

I tried copying my you tube video and pasting it here. It pasted but when I went to click on it is blurry. Here is an example. These are just a few clips. I don’t want to post my final video until I know it will be clear. So I pasted a link to the video on my You Tube Channel. ( I just opened the channel) I thought the link took you to You TUbe but you can see the clip right here. Is that why it’s blurry. Did others have this issue. See how the transitions are blurry and choppy between clips.

Last edited:
Mark,

I'm not sure how you tried, but the way I do it is click on the 3 dots right beside the smiley face above where I am currently typing. The one that says insert if you hover the mouse over it. Select the first option which says "media", in the window that pops up paste the url to your youtube video such as www.youtube.com/myvideo That should show the video in your post at whatever quality and resolution it is on youtube.

Of course I’m having trouble finding my url. I’m on an IPad . Not sure that matters. On my video on you tube there’s a little arrow above it. I click on that. I thought that is where the URL is.

Now this is where you're gonna lose me...I've never had an apple product in my life lol. But if it's anything like the android youtube app, once you click the arrow there is a button the says "copy link", that is your url. Hope that helps a little

This is just a couple of clips . I don’t want to upload my full video until I fixed the issue. See how the transitions from one clip to another I blurry/choppy. The video on my “channel” is perfectly clear and smooth. I wonder if it’s because it’s being shown through the forum. I thought a link is suppose to take you to the actual channel,. Does anybody have any videos posted that don’t have this issue?

I tried copying my you tube video and pasting it here. It pasted but when I went to click on it is blurry. Here is an example. These are just a few clips. I don’t want to post my final video until I know it will be clear. So I pasted a link to the video on my You Tube Channel. ( I just opened the channel) I thought the link took you to You TUbe but you can see the clip right here. Is that why it’s blurry. Did others have this issue. See how the transitions are blurry and choppy between clips.

Watching from my phone here, I don’t notice blur or choppiness.
Part of it can depend on your internet connection. Depending on the speed, it will serve you a lower resolution stream if it can’t handle it.

Also, right after you upload it takes YouTube a little time to process all the different resolutions. It does the higher HD resolutions last. So if you tried to watch it immediately after uploading, it would give you a low resolution video.

Watching from my phone here, I don’t notice blur or choppiness.
Part of it can depend on your internet connection. Depending on the speed, it will serve you a lower resolution stream if it can’t handle it.

Also, right after you upload it takes YouTube a little time to process all the different resolutions. It does the higher HD resolutions last. So if you tried to watch it immediately after uploading, it would give you a low resolution video.
Cool thanks I will post it soon.

Back