Wild olive

hariklis

a big salute to all members from a new entry in this forum, first of all i want to introduce my self so. I'm from Greece my name is harry and i'm a part time knife maker, i make knives becouse i love to do it, not main profession.
I hand forge and heat treat my blades from 52100 mostly, i do it according and follow of master fowler method's, as for the handles for them i prefer natural material's, wich personaly collect and treat the most of them.
The knife that I want to show you created for a good friend of mine who wanted to do a gift to his son, who is a safari leader in Africa, this knife will be used primarily for stubing and penetrate the carcas of the prey after shots, and secondarily for cuting duty, so after lot of thinkin i made this knife.
here is some specs.
handforged blade. 52100 steel 5in.or 12,5cm length and 5mm or 0.19in thik after the guard tapered blade.
brass guard and pin, wild olive for the handle with bone inlay at pomel12cm long.

wc5w.jpg

dxf5.jpg

hxf0.jpg

jwvg.jpg

wsoo.jpg

3s85.jpg

mxdr.jpg

ydqw.jpg

pycf.jpg

well that's it guy's hope you like it and any comment are welcome.

Welcome to the forum. By the looks of your work, you will fit right in. That is a great looking knife. Can't wait to see more.

Harry,
Welcome to the Pack at KD's. Your Safari friend will be very happy with that fine knife you have made.
Beautiful Forge/grind and handle.

Back