Wings are the things...post your hot wing recipe here..

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
I am on a quest for the perfect hot wings...
anyone got any good recipes?

I'd like make my own sauce and not just use a bottled sauce. :52:

I cook the wings NAKED.

No batter of any kind. If I wanted bread, I would eat bread.

Fry the wings in 400 degree oil for 14 minutes.

My favorite sauce is as follows:

1 part HOT CHILI OIL (This is the oil from the ground up peppers in Chinese restaurants. You can buy just the oil in Asian grocery stores)
1 part Tabasco sauce
1/4 part fresh ground black pepper

Mix it all up and mix periodically during meal.

I like it on the side because I am a Texture eater. Slippery, slimy, mushy or soggy stuff is off limits to me (no jello or mashed potatoes).

Just dunk the wing and chow down.

Be careful what you touch for the rest of the day. Sensitive areas become aware of that chili oil because it seems to soak into your skin and stay there a while. If you let a baby chew on your finger three hours later, you will have a very unhappy baby for a while.

BUT IT IS GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Plain deep fried wings

1:1 ratio of vinegar hot sauce and butter

And then I build on it from there.

1/2 cup Red Hot Brand Hot Sauce, 1/4 butter, 3/4 teaspoon of Garlic Powder. Fry your wings till they are 185 degrees that makes them a little crispier.

Unless I'm cooking a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, I cook with my phone :9:
These all sound good though.

i plan on smoking the wings first
then crisping in the fryer for jsut a bit then a nice semi hot but sweet and tangy sauce

a bit of zing is good but you can keep the mega hot crap im al about the over all and a good tasty meal

I marinate wings overnite, in beer, fresh rosemary, garlic, basil, oregano, worcheshire sauce and of course my HT'g relish. Then I pare boil them in the marinate, then finish them off on the grill with my Hi-Test BBQ sauce.:34: Now to really spice it up, I add my Ghost Chili Relish.:s7435:

For my wings I go Naked also.

1 lb butter
2 large white onions (fine chop)
2 handfulls garlic toes, chopped
1 green bell pepper fine chopped
cook all the above over low heat until mush.
then add:

1 cup Churicchi chile sauce (sp?) its the Asian sauce with the rooster on it!
1 cup Franks Original Hot Sauce
Whorstishire Sauce
lemon juice

Fry wings until they float in 400 deg oil, dump imediatly into sauce let saok a few minitues then take out and let drain on rack over cooki sheet.
Keep sauce stirred so the little bits of mush sticks to the wings.

Enjoy!

God Bless
Mike

Back