WIP Bowie knife

GREAT WIP!! photos, explanation, everything!

I cannot help myself, I am an over thinker and an over builder. It really helps on these things to have a really good cell phone. Makes it much smoother taking pictures, organizing, hosting and posting on KD.

With a lot of these tasks - we all do them just a bit differently. For the most part, at least.

Keep following, I am about to wrap up the knife and get started on the sheath.

Looking good Brother, one thing that can help with the soldering is to use a grafit pencil on the parts of your guard and recoso you dont want the solder to stick to. Makes clean up much easier.

Epoxy is curing.

C2165528-64-CD-4-DFF-AD09-A9-B9-F69-E7380.jpg

That pin looks really good.

On this one I'm working on now (using antler scales) I just eyeballed it, checking square each way as I gradually made my way through the piece. Is that what you did with your Dremel - just went by eye?

That pin looks really good.

On this one I'm working on now (using antler scales) I just eyeballed it, checking square each way as I gradually made my way through the piece. Is that what you did with your Dremel - just went by eye?

I used the caliper for distance and then drilled one half perpendicular to the handle. Checked to see if it hit the tang hole. Then drilled other side of the handle.

Back