Wound Seal

Diamond G Knives

Just wanted to share a product I discovered.

I am on blood thinners, so if I get cut a bleed a LOT. Three days ago, I tore a chunk out of the tip of my index finger while misusing my drill press. I have had a pressure bandage (nonstick absorbent pad wrapped with sports wrap tightly) on for over 48 hours and it was still seeping thru every 6 hours or so. Stopped in Walgreens to ask the Pharmacist if they had any suggestions. They showed me a Walgreen product named "Wound Seal" A dry powder that you pour into the wound and press for 30 seconds. A package of 6 envelopes is 7.99. It works like a champ! I was skeptical but am now a believer! Don't know what is in it (looks like dirt) but worked as advertised! I'm going to be picking up more! Shop, truck, suitcase they will all have some in it!

God Bless
Mike

I may look for a couple of packs. I'm not on blood thinners but I seem to bleed a while if I cut myself so they might come in handy. We're probably not the only ones who have this problem. Thanks for the alert.

Doug

good to know. i have used super glue to glue the tip of my thumb back on works pretty good stings like the devil . thanks for the tip

I have never used "Quick Clot" but had heard of it. I assume it is the same type of stuff.
I too have used super glue, but this time a took a chunk out and had nothing to glue back together, just a hole.

God Bless
Mike

Mike, I'm right there with you. On three different blood thinners. I've got some Celox, which is like QuickClot, that I now keep in the shop. Same principle as the Wound Seal, a powder that you pour in to stop the bleeding.

Walmart, in the camping dept. sells a small kit that contains two packs of Celox, two gauze pads, band aids, alcohol prep pads and ibuprofen for like 8 bucks. I have those things stashed everywhere now.

Jerico,
Ill have to check out WM, sounds like a good idea to have a few kits around here also!

I had a problem that after the artificial "scab" came off, I broke it open again. Used the quick clot to stop it, then sealed it with super glue!
Worked like a champ!

God Bless
Mike

Back