Wrapping up Christmas.

P

p moore

Well, It is that time. Just a few more days and I have finished up all the knives that were due just in time.....as always:D Here are some pics of the ones I have been working on the past couple of weeks.

First off is a Bitty Recon. Small kneck/pocket fixed blade. The blade is 1/8" hollow ground O-1, acid etched. Handle is Blk/Tan G10. OAL is 4" with a cutting edge of just under 2". I have made many of these Bittys over the years, they just keep hanging on.

Kevin2.jpg

Next is a knife I made for a friend. I took the BOB shape and made it abit more civilized. By just moving the cutting edge to the bottom, it makes a rather handy knife. This one is 6" OAL, 1/8" O-1. Flat ground, then blasted and blued. The handle is Blk/Blu G-10 For this one, I made a Kydex sheath with a TekLok, and a Leather boot sheath.

IMG_0003-3.jpg

Lastly, For a friend who has a charter boat service along the coast, I made a Bull-nosed filet knife. He also enjoys deer hunting, and the handle is made using one that he scored. The blade is made from 1084 spring steel 1/16" thick convex ground. The blade is 7 1/4' with a total length of 11 3/4". Guard is made of curly Ipe. The butt cap is something new for me, it is made from pure nickle. These are used in nickle plating. I thought it looked alot like the crown from an antler. It did polish up very well also. I do have some going over left on this one, but I think it will al work out.

IMG_0008-3.jpg

IMG_0011-2.jpg

Have a good Christmas,

Paul

Back