Yea, but it's a different kind of heat

Here was my best hog, the scale said #275 but I think he was bigger than that.
RhyctMo.jpg

Nice!

What's that rifle chambered in? Looks like a Savage.

Sent from my Champion Forge using Tapatalk

Good eye! it's a Savage model 110 in 7mm WSM. I actually won that rifle in a raffle at a Safari Club fundraiser. it's a powerful round for sure, and very accurate. although I shot that hog from a treestand at about 15 yards.

Here's another one, this one was #190. I shot him at about 70 yards with a .50 muzzleloader. I know the scope doesn't belong there but this muzzleloader has an after market Green Mountain long range hunter barrel on it and some of my shots are father that I can use open sights so I tapped the barrel and mounted that scope.
rqJAQ8n.jpg

I have a video from my tree stand killing that one and it's great. I have to see if there's some way to get it on youtube and put a link.

Good eye! it's a Savage model 110 in 7mm WSM. I actually won that rifle in a raffle at a Safari Club fundraiser. it's a powerful round for sure, and very accurate. although I shot that hog from a treestand at about 15 yards.

7mm WSM at 15 yards. Yeah, I don't imagine you had to track it very far!

Hogs haven't really made it into VA, yet. I think they have them hear and there bordering North Carolina.

I was by myself too, I went over and looked at that thing and I was like...oh oh, it's fixing to get dark soon I quick and went and got my atv, wrapped a chain around his legs and dragged him out. he was a big un!

Here's another one, this one was #190. I shot him at about 70 yards with a .50 muzzleloader. I know the scope doesn't belong there but this muzzleloader has an after market Green Mountain long range hunter barrel on it and some of my shots are father that I can use open sights so I tapped the barrel and mounted that scope.
rqJAQ8n.jpg
If you to go for a more authentic look on that muzzleloader, hi-lux makes reproduction rifle scopes like what would fit it.

WARNING: they ain't cheap! https://hi-luxoptics.com/collection...oducts/malcolm-6x-long-telescopic-rifle-scope

Harley tried talking me into going on was of his pig hunts up there out of Bristol, TN, ‘cept he wanted me to do it with a knife. Usually including one of his knives as part of the hunt, He offered me a discount so I could do it with my own knife. LOL This was in like ‘86 when he was still built like a linebacker, at an AECA show in Chicago, and I wish we had cell phones in those days to have captured him there in the aisle jumping up and down and shouting about,”You go Cro Magnon, man!” “C’mon, you’ll have a great time.”
I really liked Larry and that’s my favorite Harley story. Clear as day in my foggy head.
RIP, Larry, you were a good man. My wife still keeps that jelly roll tab from Bowie’s on her keychain! And after seeing Steve‘s pics, I’m still glad I said, “F NO, you’re crazy!” :)

Here's a picture of a long style Malcolm scope. Looks pretty dang cool if ya ask me!
958348e11fe6c6a19e4410672f88e021.jpg

I had a knockoff of one of those scopes I was going to mount on a .58 Zoauve rifle but the rifle got stolen.

Harley tried talking me into going on was of his pig hunts up there out of Bristol, TN, ‘cept he wanted me to do it with a knife. Usually including one of his knives as part of the hunt, He offered me a discount so I could do it with my own knife. LOL This was in like ‘86 when he was still built like a linebacker, at an AECA show in Chicago, and I wish we had cell phones in those days to have captured him there in the aisle jumping up and down and shouting about,”You go Cro Magnon, man!” “C’mon, you’ll have a great time.”
I really liked Larry and that’s my favorite Harley story. Clear as day in my foggy head.
RIP, Larry, you were a good man. My wife still keeps that jelly roll tab from Bowie’s on her keychain! And after seeing Steve‘s pics, I’m still glad I said, “F NO, you’re crazy!” :)
I remember Larry had a run in with Harley Davidson, they didn't like the looks of his logo so he had to change it up a little.

I had a knockoff of one of those scopes I was going to mount on a .58 Zoauve rifle but the rifle got stolen.
Well dang. I'm sorry to hear that. It's a shame people feel the need to steal.

I remember I borrowed a Matchbox car from a friend in 2nd grade. It was a helicopter. Well, I never got it back to him.

I believe it was a model of an MH-53. It had a woodland camo finish. Seriously... I still feel guilty about not returning it.

Edit: Something like this. Looking at it now, I don't know if it was an MH-53. Maybe something older?.RVRxsbVNisRV7g2t_Combat_Helicopter_Sikorsky_MH_53_Pave_Low_Rigged_002.jpg

It WASN'T an MH-53!!! I know, because my mom stepped on it and the tail stuck into here heel about a 3/16"! I'll have to read up on military helicopters and figure out what it was.... :D

Well dang. I'm sorry to hear that. It's a shame people feel the need to steal.

I remember I borrowed a Matchbox car from a friend in 2nd grade. It was a helicopter. Well, I never got it back to him.

I believe it was a model of an MH-53. It had a woodland camo finish. Seriously... I still feel guilty about not returning it.

Edit: Something like this. Looking at it now, I don't know if it was an MH-53. Maybe something older?.View attachment 81149
A shame? I guess you could see it that way but that rifle meant a lot more to me than a plastic toy from the dime store, if I caught the guy that stole that in the act I would have put a bullet right between his eyes

Do you ever stop and wonder for a moment whether that first &^$%^# you actually catch redhanded is gonna suffer for every last one of those robberies, burglaries, thefts, garage-tags, etc that the evil little predators have inflicted on you across your whole life? :mad:
"That's for burglarizing my rented house 43 years ago and steeling those firearms, jerk..." :D

Back