Zombie meat cleaver - KITH blade

Stormcrow

This is my entry for a KITH exchange in the Neo-Tribal subforum. The theme is zombie kitchen cutlery: "Since Zombies are all the rage and very tasty if properly prepared, how about a Neo Tribal, post apocalyptic kitchen "utensil"?"

So I forged out a meat cleaver. The steel is 5160, the blade is about 12" long, and the hole is 1".

zcleaver01_zps3aaa51ce.jpg

Here's what it looked like before triple hardening in canola oil:

zcleaver02_zpsbe0936ca.jpg

Here it is with zombie-appropriate handle wrap, an edge that shaves hair nicely, and a few "zombie skulls" for testing later on in the weekend. Video eventually. A discussion on Zombie Squad decided that all of the zombie-themed merchandise flooding the market right now is colored lime green because it must be outside the spectrum of colors that the undead can see. Unfortunately, with my good camera on the fritz, the color is also somewhat outside of the spectrum my point-and-shoot camera can see accurately, apparently. I'll see if I can get better pics before all is said and done. :)

zcleaver03_zpsba48de45.jpg

I like it me and my friends are always joking around about zombies and how id have all the bladed weapons why they have guns. all i got to say is mine never run out or ammo. id be proud to carry this clever into battle with the undead. nice work
-Young Pup

Got my good camera back rolling (battery was just low, letting it sort of do things but not really) and snapped some better pics.

The coconut test video is uploading on Youtube. :D

Back