100x100

Mike Jones

Google Master
When you see the numbers 100x100, you would think it's a simple math problem equaling 10,000. What do these numbers represent to me? 100 sets of 100 yards in swimming. Each hundred is started on 2:00 from the previous start. That takes 3 hours and 20 minutes to swim a 100x100 at this pace. By the way, 10,000 yards is 5.68 miles.

Freshman year, I swam about 13 hundreds. Sophomore, 20. This year I was determined to finish, and I did. Just for fun, I looked up calories burned with hard swimming for 200 minutes at 160 pounds of weight, and it's around 2300 calories burned. That's more calories burned than an average person eats during a whole day!

Just thought I'd share how I spent my morning with you guys!

--Mike

My first thought was, that will be a heck of a shop.

I once had to swim two miles and tread water for an hour in between them for a test in the military. Kicked my butt and I was in a little different shape back then (I am in shape now, round is a shape).

James, I'm glad I got you your daily workout!

Cliff, I bet I could do ONE with something in my mouth. :p

My first thought was, that will be a heck of a shop.

I once had to swim two miles and tread water for an hour in between them for a test in the military. Kicked my butt and I was in a little different shape back then (I am in shape now, round is a shape).

I swim 1600 yards at a time (little short of a mile) in breastroke in about 32 minutes. Treading water wouldn't be hard either, especially if it's the break from swimming. Sounds like a 2 hour test to me!

I thought you had shot a perfect 100 round of skeet! Was I wrong. Well Done Mike.
I tried something like, like, doing singles of squats, it waxed me but good.
I can't swim worth a bent nickel, like the water but no good in it.
Well Done, Dozier

I'm with Bob, my first thought was, "Now that might just be big enough for a good shop. Mine is 42' X 60' and it is full.
James, who has heat in their shop, except when the forge is running?

James, who has heat in their shop, except when the forge is running?

You dang hammer-jockeys are all the same... don't you realize some of us rely on friction to keep us warm?

:p

P.S. the lil woman watched me type that and said "I thought this was a G-rated forum?"

I said "Yes dear, it's stock removal, y'know grinding. Not ummm... other things."

Last edited:
All I can say is thank you to the guy that invented the boat.:biggrin:

AMEN to that! I would hate to rely on swimming to get around places. Walking after swimming those miles felt so weird for a few minutes. Sort of like riding a bike for a while and realizing your legs feel similar to jello.

My kids swim. Sometimes they total up their yardage as we eat dinner. My 12 year old can remember the sets and total the yardage in his head. He average about 4 miles per practice.

Ric

Last edited:
Congratulations Mike and Merry Christmas. I remember during the Olympics swinning they would talk about the big meals the swimmers ate each day. Makes sense now. Again Congratulations!

Back