#18 and #19...I think...

DonL

I've about lost count of the knives I've made. I believe I've actually made more, but quite a few are either in the scrap bucket or on my bench waiting for me to gain knowledge on how to *fix* something that isn't right.

But I did manage to get these two finished. Both have some flaws and I learned quite a bit from both. The first one is a Damascus knife I made for my neighbor across the street. He's a retired Pastor of a small Church. One day we were talking about knives and he said he wished he could afford to buy a Damascus knife because he'd always loved the looks of them.

So I figured this was as good excuse as any to try making a knife from Damascus. It's 1/8 Alabama Damascus in a random pattern. Handles are stabilized Curly Maple with mosaic pins (I forgot to clock the front one :( ). I've also been trying to take my sheath work up a notch.

WandW05.jpg

The second one is a graduation present for my Cousin's boy. It's 5/32 01 with stabilized Leopardwood.

WandW04.jpg

Very nice Don ..I know what you mean about losing count. After about 20 I stopped trying. And I probably have at least 5 in my scrap pile right now.

Back