1st Flipper

Plas62

1st Flipper "Updated"

I am working on my first flipper prototype. I used one of my Kershaw's for the basic pattern. The liners are stainless and will be used as a pattern when I make the actual liners for the knife out of Ti. The blade is CPM154. Basically I'm trying to make a functioning pattern that I will use for making future knives

On the finished knife I plan to have scales and bolsters. I will use pan head screws, countersink and hide the screws under the scales and bolsters.

I still have a lot of work to do to it, but I was happy with the progress I made this weekend and thought I would post some pic's. Let me know what you think.

Jim

Last edited:
No bearings, I am going to use PB washers on this one. Down the road I plan on trying bearings.

I am no flipper expert but I like the look of this. The edges look flat and true from the pics.

John

Thanks fellas, I just ordered some more supplies this morning. Hopefully I'll get them before the Christmas break, so I can work on it some more over the holiday.

Jim

I've made some progress over the last few weeks, so I thought I'd post some pic's of my progress. My next step is to have the blade heat treated. Let me know what you think.

Jim

I say it's a very good piece of work and that's even with me liking the styling!! Please continue and show us the finished knife.
Frank

Nice work. I'm in the process of making my first liner lock and threads like these are such a huge help

Back