2015 Knifemaker Christmas Gift Exchange

OH, this whole thing is exciting to me and I post photos each year. I've ALWAYS received a nice pair of socks {g}..... naw, always good GOOD knifemaking stuff.

Ken H>

Last edited:
Somebody is getting closer. Really, really close.

"Your item was delivered in or at the mailbox at 2:52 pm on December 17, 2015"

yup I got it Jim and I don't even have the words. Thank you that was to much every thing was really cool and you better bet your ass I will make
some stuff from all that. I am sure you will see it when we invade bosses place again. Every one else is going to be bummed they did not get my package :0

Attachments

• 100_6088.jpg
    100_6088.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 54
Hi Larry, I'm glad you can use this stuff. I can't wait to see what you make from it. Have fun, and Merry Christmas.

Been more than crazy here but I got my package mailed this AM.

Got my package from Peter Martin and could not be happier. I got a set of bone scales for the coffin handle Bowie I keep thinking about. He also sent a Hand Forging High Carbon Knife Blades video that Peter made and can't weight to watch it. I also got some drawings of some knife ideas, these I will study and study. Thank you Peter and Merry Christmas.

I know I was supposed to post picks so I guess I will have to learn how. Ed

Received my Christmas goodies from Dennis and a lovely package it was. Blocks and blocks and some hardware as well , I see visions of Knives a dancing in my head.
Thanks Dennis and a Marry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and one and all.IMG_0471.jpg

Holy cow these are some extensive packages... I hope I didn't underestimate the scope ofnthis

Windriverwild.com
Instagram - windriverwild

yup Jim I knew what that steel was going to be as soon as I saw it, just thought you would like to see the profile.
It is already looking like a knife, what you think a copper bolster with cf handle :)
Merry x-mas guys hope you all have a great time with family and friends and to another great year on the pound!!!!
I am adding a pic its ground already and has a 5 min etch jim, think its ready for heat treat :) :) I am on a mission.

Attachments

• 100_6089.jpg
    100_6089.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 100_6093.jpg
    100_6093.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Larry, is that the san mai I sent you? If it is, Wow! You really got on that fast. I think copper bolsters would look great. I've never used it myself but I love the look. Go for it, and post a picture when it's done.

I just got back into town and found a nice package in mailbox today - a nice Buckeye Burl - Thank you!
Ken H>

Burl.jpg

"Thanks Dennis and a Marry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and one and all"

Fred
You are most welcome. Merry Christmas to you also. I hope you, and the rest of the dogs, have an enjoyable holiday season.
DeMo

Knock-Knock.

Who is there??

Santa Franklin. You are on the nice list. No socks for you!

Sweet!

Ever since you posted this entry - I have been hoping that I received this Christmas package. "Every one else is going to be bummed they did not get my package"

I truly feel blessed. Larry is the best Santa - EVER!!!!! Where do I sign up for next year's Christmas gift exchange??? Oh heck, let's just do this every month.

It just arrived and I took everything out, one by one and arranged it for a picture. What a great day.

Thank you so very much! A little bit of everything that a knife maker would enjoy and use.

Corby pins, sharpie markers, 1095, a couple of pincher/holders, a couple wood blocks, a couple pieces of elk?, brown micarta/g10?, some thong tubes, and a paracord holder.

Larry - Thank you from the bottom of my heart and Merry Christmas to you and your family.

DeMo

DSC04779.jpg

My gift exchange box from Ed of all trades.

Got my box of goodies from Ed today. He sent me what appears to be a block of Redwood burl, a set of nicely figured Cocobolo scales, & what's left of a smoking jacket which appears to be slightly over smoked.

Thanks Ed & Merry Christmas everybody.

Attachments

• Smoking Jacket .jpg
    Smoking Jacket .jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 40
I got my gift yesterday and am wearing a pair right now. I love love a new pair of socks. :) Also in the box were a spare pair of socks just in case something unfortunate happens to the first pair and a hand made kitchen tool used for pulling out and pushing in the hot rack from the kitchen oven. I used it last night on some Walmart pretzel dogs and Kaye was even impressed. Thats not all, there was a brand new carbide burr for my dremel that will see tons of use, a handy size small Norton Stone I will use for ricasso flattening and a 82 degree countersink that should be cool for wood and ivory handles.

Thank You Scott Livesey.
Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones.
Blessings through the new year
Bruce and Kaye Bump

Got my box of goodies from Ed today. He sent me what appears to be a block of Redwood burl, a set of nicely figured Cocobolo scales, & what's left of a smoking jacket which appears to be slightly over smoked.

Thanks Ed & Merry Christmas everybody.
Love the smokers jacket :)

When I came home from celebrating my wife's birthday, there was a very nice package in my mailbox from Chris Taylor. After I opened it, all I could say to myself was WOW!!!! What a great surprise. I can't thank you enough Chris. You made my day, and y'all can look forward to seeing it as a finished product soon that I'll make out of some of this stuff.
Inside the box were scales of acrylic, bacote, osage orange, black mesquite and bubinga, a piece of 440C, a set of black spacers and brass pins and tube.
Knife Dogs rock, you're the best bunch of friends an old farm boy like me could have. Merry Christmas to everyone.

KD Christmas gift.jpg

Back