$262 in shipping fees this week!!

Jim Levite

I decided to make a few purchases this week. A new Sugar Creek 24" Heat Treating Oven, 2hp Canister Dust Collector, and a 5 gallon bucket of quench oil. I love to spend $ on new toys but $262 to ship these 3 items! Granted none are light and 2 are really big but good god. 50% of that is probally "fuel surcharges"!

Almost makes you wish you could drive there. I drove an hour to pick up some Parks 50 and still felt like I overpaid on shipping.

Its crazy. I drive 68 miles each way to work every day with 3 gas stops throughout the week. I think the good old days are gone for good?

Thats a bit harsh, But Congrats on the new goodies! They will ease the pain of paying that shipping fee!

On a side note, I just paid 400.00 shipping for one item and 350.00 for another. But once they arrive I forget all about the cost and get to enjoy them and let them start making me money!!
:)

Last edited:
It does hurt to pay high shipping costs and I completely understand you frustration with long drives to work. For my last assignment I was driving 114 miles from my front door to my office. By the time I drove to lunch, I was averaging 245-255 miles each day. Thank goodness Nadine allowed me to swap vehicles with her! I went from 19-22 mpg to 29-33 mpg.

I am definately excited to get my new toys. Nothing you can do about it so??

Darn Murph, With those miles you actually make me feel better! Sorry

HEY it does feel good to vent once in a while though don't it!:31::what!::biggrin:

When you stop and think about it those are more than just fuel surcharges. If they charge that on every item shipped; "sooner rather than later", they are making their profit off of the top in just what they charge for the so called fuel surcharges!:p

I guess all of us need to tack on a fuel surcharge! :what!:

Yeah like that's gonna happen! We just keep trudging on trying to do the right thing as far as pricing!:lol::biggrin:

Back