2nd annual KD July KITH

I am getting excited about this. This is the first KITH for me, and with work and a good backlog of orders I was thinking it was going to be tough to get er done, but I will finish mine Saturday, June 4. I just put the orders on the back burner this week and worked on the KITH knife, and it has been fun, can't wait.
Thanks for letting me run with you other dogs.
Dale

The time is getting a little closer guys. I will start a new thread for those that are finished to post pictures.
Josh, Dwane Like last year we will prob hold off the drawing until the middle of the month, so you guys have plenty of time.

Sean

When do the knives have to be turned in? Is a date set? or do we keep the knives then send to there new home after the drawing? please advise.

Thanks

Hi Sean. I hate to do this..........But please remove me from the Kith this year. Too much going on to participate. Thanks.

Bennie

I am waaaaaaay behind, but hope to get something decent done in time. I have one blade that's treated and ready for a handle, but I can't come up with a handle idea to save my life!!

Still, don't count me out quite yet. I have a few more weeks.........

I'm going to miss this one. My monster stainless project is eating all my time and nothing will even be sent to heat treat before the deadline :(

Next year!

OK , 2 weeks , I got quite a few cut out on the bench. I'll pick one and Git-R-Done. Probably gona have a Kydex sheath , I'm about out of leather.

Ok guys, Im starting a new thread for pics of finished knives. If you are finished please post a pic to let me know who is ready. On the 15th I will take the names of everyone who has posted they are finished and place them in a hat and let my daughter draw them out. The order they are drawn will determine which knife goes to whom.

Once the list is compiled, I will shoot everyone a PM with an address of the person you are mailing your knife to.
Thanks so much for being involved, I know I had fun last year and I am looking forward to some more great looking knives.

Sean please remove me from the Kith this year. Too much going on at moment no time to hit the workshop.

Im running behind but I have been getting in the shop so I will be pushing it but still finishing (close to) on time hehe. Hand sanding now then ht and more sanding, should be almost finished this weekend then just working on handles. Time got away from me on this one.

So we have till the 15th to have the knife completed? I was actually checking the thread so I could remove myself from the list. Being in med school I was planning on using this break to finish up my knife but I've had pneumonia that has truly kicked my ass and kept me in bed or at the hospital. Fractured sternum from coughing so hard and a collapsed right lung along with all the other crap that comes with it. Never had pneumonia before and I wouldn't wish this on anybody... If the date's the 15th I will see what I can do (obviously if I don't post a picture then I, *sigh*, won't be participating this year...). I've really been looking forward to this and am really bummed out that I don't think I'm going to be able to contribute.

Finished HT this weekend and after an overnight vinegar soak, I started finish sanding. After working on the blade for a minute, I noticed a small warp in the edge. It is less than a mm in both height and length and can probably be sharpened out but I haven't had a blade do this before. It's 1/8 O1. I think I may have taken it too far. No crack though. Worse comes to worse I have another to take its place. I may be a day or two late but it will be done this week.

I'm running behind due to family issues, but still interested in sending my blade to someone. I just have to get something done for the handle, which shouldn't be too hard unless I screw up the tang again!! Hint: It's no longer going to be a full-tang with scales.....

Oh, and I'm still on the list two times. I'm having a hard enough time getting one knife finished in time, let alone two! Thanks for your patience.

Boy did I drop the ball on this. I've been out of touch for a while but I have a knife for the KITH. Just let me know where it needs to go.

Carey

Back