2x72 teaser shot

Well it's getting there...
hpim1815x.jpg

hpim1816.jpg

Is the tracking piece on backwards? The tracking wheel looks pretty far back. I know you modified the design for yours, what was the reason for that mod? It looks like the drive and tracking wheel will line up pretty well but I'm not too sure why it's so long out in the front...

edit: p.s. I need to drill holes in my little brackets. Once that's done and I assemble what I have so far I'll take some pictures and post them up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually that wheel is an idler wheel. It's going to be a 4-wheel setup instead of the regular 3. I encountered a problem with that setup though, so I have to change it (The idler wheel has to be fixed above the drive wheel, not on the tension arm)

I'll show you what the 4 wheels will do once the grinder is done :)

Just took care of the contact wheel... sort of. It's better at least. Only 7.5" diameter, and only 1.75" wide, but sharp corners, instead of a radius. Hopefully 1.75" wide will be okay, and maybe just hang the belt off 1/8" on both sides, except when doing plunges.

hpim1824.jpg

hpim1825.jpg

Its coming together nicely.2thumbs
Cant wait to see the first blade roll off of it.
Great job fixing that contact wheel too.

Where/how did you take care off the contact wheel? I found these wheels locally and thought about getting one for a minute.

My NWG is spray painted and ready to be bolted together. I should have some pictures to make my own thread by Friday.

I a fixture that slides in my band saw guide slot, and has a rod sticking up to allow the wheel to rotate, cutting a perfect circle. I also tried it with my smaller wheel, but the rubber was too thin, so I cut through the plastic. Time for plan B on that one...

Here's my grinder so far. It's ALMOST done!!!

Got a stand with a couple shelves, locking casters for feet.
Still gotta mount the motor...
HPIM1826.jpg

Still gotta work on ONE thing for the flat platen/slack belt. And I gotta run to Menards and see if I can find a 4x2 wheel for not too much money for the flat platen/slack belt.
HPIM1827.jpg

Mike,
You sound like my kind of guy. If you need it, and don't want to buy it, make it. I love to recycle. I can't wait to see how this turns out for you.

Paul

Back