009-24.jpg

003-44.jpg

Specs:
Delbert Ealy Dammy
Edge: 250mm
Spine over the heel thickness: 2.5mm
Weight: 195 grams
Handle: Black ash burl & buffalo horn & walnut burl

It's amazing how thin the blade is. Do you grind after the damascus is hardened? I am trying my first flat grind on a chef style knife, 1/8" CPM 154. The blade is 1 1/2" at the bolsters and 6 1/2" long. I ground it after it was hardened and I've been hand sanding for two days. Argh! But your knife is inspiring, so after this refreshment back to the sanding. "Wax on wax off." After this, I'm going back to the Loveless hollow ground drop point hunters.

It's amazing how thin the blade is. Do you grind after the damascus is hardened? I am trying my first flat grind on a chef style knife, 1/8" CPM 154. The blade is 1 1/2" at the bolsters and 6 1/2" long. I ground it after it was hardened and I've been hand sanding for two days. Argh! But your knife is inspiring, so after this refreshment back to the sanding. "Wax on wax off." After this, I'm going back to the Loveless hollow ground drop point hunters.

Thanx.....I grind after HT,I don't want to take the chance of warping.BTW I am right up the road from you,I'm by six flags.

Hey that's cool. My buddy/neighbor EdVal, see post above, got me started on this addiction. We'll have to get together sometime.

Jay

Back