416 stainless

Keith Willis

Hey my friends, can someone tell me what would be the next best steel to use in place of 416. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place, but would like some 1/8 " x 1 1/2'' or 1/8'' x 2'' . I am using it on folders with integral bolsters. I have been using 3/16'' 416,and have a little left, it is just such a pain for me to have to remove that much material, and of course that is a lot of waste, thanks for any help or advice.

God bless
Keith

Keith, sounds like you made liner/integral bolsters same as I do - using the mill. I like that MUCH better than soldering bolsters to liner. A couple yr ago I order several bars of 1/8"X1"X12" 416, but darn it - the 1/8" was only .118" thick. Less than I like, but have used it. Good luck finding metal.

You're right Ken. I haven't been making slip joints for very long, but am learning a lot and really enjoy making them.

God bless

Thanks Scott, I did write that down, and will give it a try. This time I already ordered the NS to see how it works.

God bless

Keith, Boss Dog stocks it right here at Midwest Knifemakers Supply. Just go the the store at the link on the top of this page.

Back