A Day at Indain Geoge's Hammer in!!!

stabber

Knife Dealer Extraordinaire
Despite the never ending torrential rains we sure had a great time.The Shop name for the day was "Lake George"!! Stabber Jr and I got a lot done thanks to IG!!
We used Aldo's 1095 for the big blades, And Stabber Jr grabbed a piece of his 1084 to hammer one more out before we had to leave.

Here's IG telling us what to do.He is a good teacher!!

Picture20039.jpg

Here Stabber Jr and I are using IG's home built surface grinder to straighten out our Cable Damascus blades.

Picture19999-1.jpg

Picture19990-1.jpg

Picture19994.jpg

Here we are flat grinding for the first time.

Picture20002.jpg

Picture20042.jpg

Picture20011.jpg

Picture20046.jpg

OK, Over to the Fire!!!

Here we are forging out some big blades using Aldo Bruno's 1095

Picture20014.jpg

Picture20030.jpg

Picture20034.jpg

Picture20036.jpg

the end results=stabber Jr's 3 blades on the left, My 2 on the Right. he forgot his Cable Damascus blade that's profled at IG's shop.

Picture20062.jpg

Here's My cable damascus blade rough ground, HT'd, Nice Hamon, Some Beginners file work on the spine.

Picture20055.jpg

Picture20056.jpg

How Bout some Rams Horn I got from Mace, red liners and a brass guard!!

Picture20060.jpg

Picture20059.jpg

Great pics. Looks like everyone had a great time and looks like you got some very nice projects. They look great also.2thumbs

Stabber,

It looks like your getting the hang of it. It also looks like George hasn't changed a bit!!

bloody Hell, mate you are getting there ! I guess you will be makin all your own blades from now on ?? It don't take long to master a few techiques . lookin good ..... Bubba

Looks like a lot of fun! good of you to let your lad use the big hammer Stabber, whilst you played with the toffee mallet :p !

Here we are forging out some big blades using Aldo Bruno's 1095

Picture20014.jpg

Holy Smokes Man ! :eek: Been pump'in some iron Stabber ?? :eek:

You got arms the size of my thighs huh1

They even make Nick Wheelers look puny ;)

Looks as if you guys had a good time. Sure wish I lived closer :cool:

2guns

Back