A hunting we will go...

Calvin Robinson

Moderator Christian Forum
Yesterday afternoon,Mr. Husqvarna,Mr. Leupold,and I went deer hunting,at 5:25 PM the owner of this rack decided to donate to the cause. 140 lb.,7 pt,typical of the bucks that I kill on my property.
I forgot to take a picture of the deer:7:

Awesome buck .. I found most of my hunting season taking my son bow hunting . Cal, he's an amazing shot with that bow . All he does is shoot that bow day and night. This year , he shot 2 does, 2 bucks ( 7pt & 6pt ) , 2 coyotes and a fox all with his bow.. I have a few stands set up for 2 people and I just sit with him with out my bow . I dont care as much about getting a deer , I enjoy taking the kid out .. I still got one this year anyway ( lol ) nice heavy 7 pt.

Congrats on the deer and property .

Id show some pics but dont know if thats allowed on the sight.

These are the two he got this year with his bow..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is one he shot last year .. I took him out to Texas with 3 other dads and thier sons on a youth hunt. We were at a guys place that hates the hogs but let us deer hunt. It was a fair chase hunt no high fence. I sat with him during the whole hunt .. It was great !!!

Ohhh Mannn, dont get me started ... Now we're talking my language... Im a nut when it comes to hunting and pics of deer and elk ,ect .. We have a few of those too..

I edited the post cause this " forbidden" thingy from image shack popped . Dont know what it is .. Dont pay anyattention to it if its still there.

Last edited:
Hate to hijack the thread and drop this bomb on Mikey D, but here goes....
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

deer.jpgdeer2.jpgleeliew.JPGsbuk.jpg

Last edited:
Josh,
It's a William Evans 450/.400 Nitro built in England in 1918. It's one of the first Fluss Stahl (fluid steel, not Damascus) barrels.
It's not the largest caliber I've shot but it does a great job.
attachment.php

Here it is below a new Merkel custom .500 Nitro Express in 3A grade
attachment.php

5 Bushmen trackers sort out a fresh lion print before we stalk on foot in the Kalahari.
attachment.php

Thanks,
Steve

RSA STEVE 07 175.jpgRSA STEVE 07 178.jpgRSA STEVE 07 108.jpg

Last edited:
OK Steve you got me on this one , Id like to go to Africa too some day..

Heres some of my stuff.

Happy Huntin !

Last edited:
Hey Calvin...one of these days I am gonna to invade the south...
Great pictures guys. I love to hunt when I am able to get around. But I enjoy looking at the success pictures and hearing the stories.
Steve...very impressive..looks like your going to need to build on soon.
Mikey, your time spent with your son is some of the best stuff in the world...and your place is mind blowing.

Yowser to the Trophy rooms ! Just great stuff. I hunted alot growing up but no real trophies to speak of.

Great Rifles Steve !!!

-Josh

Hey Steve,
Right back at ya. Beautiful animals you've got there too. Who knows maybe one day we'll meet and set up a hunt somewhere. Yes I have been blessed with my two beautiful kids and a great wife. Ya know those wives need to be special if they're cool With the stuff we do.

Way to go Calvin !

Ohhhhh but please oh please give us a peek at your woods knife !!!! :)

-Josh

Ok Josh,
I'll take some pictures of my knives that I use for skinning and deconstructing my deer while I'm in the woods,I'll try to add them here tomorrow.
Thank you for your request.
Gotta get back to hunting now.

Awesome buck .. I found most of my hunting season taking my son bow hunting . Cal, he's an amazing shot with that bow . All he does is shoot that bow day and night. This year , he shot 2 does, 2 bucks ( 7pt & 6pt ) , 2 coyotes and a fox all with his bow.. I have a few stands set up for 2 people and I just sit with him with out my bow . I dont care as much about getting a deer , I enjoy taking the kid out .. I still got one this year anyway ( lol ) nice heavy 7 pt.

Congrats on the deer and property .

Id show some pics but dont know if thats allowed on the sight.

I know how you feel,I love to take my grandchildren hunting,it does me as much good as it does them.

Hey Calvin...one of these days I am gonna to invade the south...
Great pictures guys. I love to hunt when I am able to get around. But I enjoy looking at the success pictures and hearing the stories.
Steve...very impressive..looks like your going to need to build on soon.
Mikey, your time spent with your son is some of the best stuff in the world...and your place is mind blowing.

Eric,
When you do come south let me know,I'd love to show you around. Come during hunting season and I'll take you to my cabin and put you on a deer stand,January 15 -Febuary 15 is when the deer are rutting around here.

Back