A hunting we will go...

Ok Josh,
Here are the photos you asked for.
I took these at my cabin,by a window that was exposed to a southern cloudy sky,laid them on my iPad cover for background then photogened them.
The big one is a Dozer Yukon skinner pattern,the small one is my Little Brother pattern.
This is what I use to skin and quarter all my deer, at home I use one of my Mullet Master models for all the processing.
All blades are 1/8" D-2.

Ok Josh,
Here are the photos you asked for.
I took these at my cabin,by a window that was exposed to a southern cloudy sky,laid them on my iPad cover for background then photogened them.
The big one is a Dozer Yukon skinner pattern,the small one is my Little Brother pattern.
This is what I use to skin and quarter all my deer, at home I use one of my Mullet Master models for all the processing.
All blades are 1/8" D-2.

Hey Calvin those are two nice looking knives there. As Josh said , they look like a good choice for the job.

Hey Calvin looks like a great deer. Lets see a turkey now! Its a pretty special to harvest on your own property. My season was a pretty tough one but i am already working on the next season.

Hey Calvin looks like a great deer. Lets see a turkey now! Its a pretty special to harvest on your own property. My season was a pretty tough one but i am already working on the next season.

Turkey season is still a ways off,but I did get this 8 pt yesterday at 2:30 PM.:happy:

Hey lookie there! A Deere hauling a deer.My dad has a tractor exactly like that. It has a loader bucket that ive used on many occasions to haul my deer out. It was my understanding that Florida deer were smaller bodied. That one looks pretty large. Whats a typical buck weigh down there? Cant beat a freezer full of lean preservative free venison.Its our last day of deer season today. Too cold for me to go. around 15 degrees out. I mainly bowhunt but did get a gun tag which went unfilled. I guess i need to hunt were Janik hunts. lol. Let me ask Calvin. Do you have a favorite deer recipe?

How many deer are you allowed to tag Calvin? Up here we get one and 5 years ago it was buck only
Brad,
I tell people from up north this and they can hardly believe it.
We start hunting deer here Oct. 20th,there are a few closed days but we can pretty much hunt until the end of Feb. and take two deer a day,and we still have plenty of deer. I'm in the panhandle of Florida,it's more like lower Alabama here than the Florida that every one thinks of when they hear ,Florida.

Hey lookie there! A Deere hauling a deer.My dad has a tractor exactly like that. It has a loader bucket that ive used on many occasions to haul my deer out. It was my understanding that Florida deer were smaller bodied. That one looks pretty large. Whats a typical buck weigh down there? Cant beat a freezer full of lean preservative free venison.Its our last day of deer season today. Too cold for me to go. around 15 degrees out. I mainly bowhunt but did get a gun tag which went unfilled. I guess i need to hunt were Janik hunts. lol. Let me ask Calvin. Do you have a favorite deer recipe?

The bucks I kill on my place average about 140 lbs.,the biggest one that we have killed weighed 170 lbs.,the deer that live near farm fields are bigger,some 200 pounders.
When most people think of Florida deer they think of the Key deer,the tinny little deer that inhabit the Keys.
I like venison cooked many ways but my favorite is cubed,marinated in A-1 sauce then floured and deep fried.
Pan fried in bacon grease is pretty good too.

I like mine just off the grill with lots of salt. I think most of the bucks here in Illinois average 170 to 190 field dressed with larger ones in the 200 to 250 range. Take care and good luck with them turkeys.

Back