A Lil’ Christmas Story (Updated with Secret Santa Info!!!)

Wow Kevin - how nice can it be? Things like that restore your faith in human nature. There are many good folks out there, we just don't hear enough about them. You gonna LOVE that grinder. When you get a chance I'd like to see some good photos of that tracking system. It looks different than the normal old KMG type tracking.

Wow Kevin - how nice can it be? Things like that restore your faith in human nature. There are many good folks out there, we just don't hear enough about them. You gonna LOVE that grinder. When you get a chance I'd like to see some good photos of that tracking system. It looks different than the normal old KMG type tracking.
I’ll try to get some better shots. I obviously have no real reference for comparison... but.... the design is ingenious. It is super clever. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Thanks Kevin - those are exactly the photos I was hoping for. I see that tracking system and WILL work like a champ. I just might have to play with something like that. I think that would work with a ratchet type belt tensioning system.

Congratulations again! I didn't know that was a Christmas gift. That's awesome.

I'm glad you're building a house for it. I can't wait to see your next knives.

Man... y’all sure do know how to make a boy feel special. I received another stocking stuffer today from @GeneK. He hooked me up with more belts.... I say more because the grinder came with probably 20 belts. I have a very good assortment of belts now. I should be able to really identify what works best for me. Thank you, Gene!

Unfortunately, I have to wait for it to stop raining to run outside (with a hundred pound grinder in my hands) and do a little grinding. When I feel the first drop, I hustle everything back inside the house lol. I have one that I am almost ready to show.... but not quite.

I'm biting at the bit to grind!!! why oh why did i tear my carport down. I do not have a single piece of covered area with the exception of inside. If I didn't have kids I'd be throwing sparks in the dining room. 100% FACT. It's actually kinda good, though, as it's affording me time to play with it inside and see how it works. If it doesn't quit raining, I'm just gonna mask the wife and kids up and make em stay on the other side of the living/dining room. A lil fine coating of ats-34 would look good on all my wife's fancy plates.

I'm biting at the bit to grind!!! why oh why did i tear my carport down. I do not have a single piece of covered area with the exception of inside.

Even just a tarp and some paracord would work. A few scrap timbers for a peak if needed and a big enough tarp so you'd have something to act as walls to keep the rain from blowing in. A trip to Wal-Mart should cover that. And you could still bring it in at night if you need to.

Not sure if this is your case but I tore down a little spot I had before I had materials to rebuild. Actually I was going to buy materials just was waiting on our state divs but the governor cut them in half that year. I settled for a homemade canopy with canvas tarps for forging for the last couple years. Which now I tore down and don't have another again (go figure) but I don't think I'll need one for awhile. Anyway its a simple fix and somewhat more ventilated than an indoor shop.

Back