A new one from me

Mark Knapp

Dealer - Purveyor
I haven't posted in a while, I thought you might like to see this new one. It will be on it's way to it's owner soon.

This drop point hunter with a 4 1/2 inch damascus blade and wrought iron guard, engraved by me, has a mosaic handle of lace wood, bubinga, died sycamore and sheep horn. The overall length is 9 inches. I made the sheath too, it has inlays of sea snake skin and tooling keeping with the overall theme of the knife.

All comments and questions welcomed.

Knapp_180724-wweb-XL.jpg

Mark, your level of talent puts me in the peasant category! Holy camoly there is nothing that is not spot on about that one!!!! It is a piece of art as well as a knife and sheath. I keep going back for another look and finding something I missed the last time!!

The blade is engraved and there is a tutorial around where I showed how to do the mosaic handles, might be time for another one.

Engraved,,,,, You got WAY more patience then I do. I would love to hold that in my hands and look at it under my scope. What did you make it from.

Engraved,,,,, You got WAY more patience then I do. I would love to hold that in my hands and look at it under my scope. What did you make it from.

That one is alternating layers of carbon bandsaw blades and bi-metal blades. So probably 15N20 and 5160. I have a huge supply of used blades from my saw shop.

Back