A potential order

Yeah, i just finished a set of 3. Nothing like what others have done or what you might tackle but it was a challenge for sure. Keeping the materials the same so each looks the same as the last can be quite a task. Working under a deadline with a large number to complete could be fairly stressful as well.

If they're serious, then they won't balk at your price and a reasonable delivery schedule. If they do, then good riddance.

Opaul I think $350.00 for one of your knives is a reasonable price. You do excellent work. I am in agreement with others on such a large order. It sounds like it would be a lot more trouble than it's worth.

Opaul, You paid your dues just as many of the people on here. I can understand a potential customer wanting to negotiate a better price to save money. You have to at the very least be happy with your fee. If that fee is $350 then stay fast on your pricing don't compromise your product to meet a price point.

You shouldn't be thinking that. Sorry to be blunt, but get over that. Your knives are great, fit and finish is excellent. If you don't choke a little when you quote a price you are selling too low. You only know what your knives are worth when you start hearing "no" more than you hear "yes". Half of the "No's" come from tire kickers and they don't count.

I agree with everything that's been said. I make it clear to people that there are no quantity discounts. Each knife is hand made one at a time. I am not a stamping plant in China.
Well said and thank you. Especially about the quantity discount!

No. You are not. In fact, you are there. You need to demand more for your work. You make an awesome blade and you should get paid accordingly.
Thanks Dennis. In addition, I think some folks (buyers) take for granted the sheath for the knife. Your sheaths alone should demand $75 or more. Sheath work is time consuming and expensive considering quality leather and associated tools material.

I agree, on the amount of work, why make yourself a slave when you're already free? I feel like that with just one. I'm sick of knife commitments but I'm not set up or experienced. But I know what it's like to feel like a slave to it. Here's some thoughts I've had lately:

1. You're pretty fast

2. I think it would have to be something the wife understood and was committed to with you.

3. If it did work out 35K would be a good year or could you get 50K? (but again why be a slave to material things)

4. Are you physically capable?

Anyway take it with a grain of salt. The last knife you posted with the green handle is a beauty.

Luke

Back