AEB-L paring knife

taylormadeknives

I finished up this paring knife today and I thought I would share. This one was a stock removal project from 1/8" AEB-L. It has a had rubbed mirror finish on the blade, bronze pins, mosaic pin and Osage Orange scales with tan G-10 liners.
I ground it to a very thin .004 before sharpening. I have made a few of these now and I really like making them. I am new to the kitchen cutlery so let me know what you guys think

8ype2y5e.jpg

9u4e7une.jpg

y9ape6e6.jpg

yna9udud.jpg

rehu4agy.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I like it too. The shape handle and Osage orange and the mirror, I just haven't been able to do that.

That looks like a great design to me. I really like the Osage Orange scales as well. You might want to wipe the WD-40 off the blade before use though :)

That looks good. I have not used AEB-l but I hear its great for a kitchen slicer...

That looks like a great design to me. I really like the Osage Orange scales as well. You might want to wipe the WD-40 off the blade before use though :)

Thanks Jon. I like the Osage Orange too! It is just as hard or harder than Ironwood IMO. It makes a great handle, plus it darkens with age and turns a real pretty root beer color. I will definitely be washing the WD-40 off :)

That looks good. I have not used AEB-l but I hear its great for a kitchen slicer...

Thanks boss. It does pretty good. It doesn't hold an edge as well as some of the high end stainless, but it is real easy to maintain the edge using a kitchen steel. I find it sharpens real similar to the 10 series carbon steels

Back