aluminum for quenching

seider

I am lucky enough to have a pretty good amount of it readily available to me. All is aircraft grade and in the 7000 series metals. How good would this work. It has to help it not warp and suck the heat the heat out fast.

Steel will do the job, so I'm going to stick my neck out and suggest any aluminum alloy would be even better. The key is Mass! 1" thick or better is preferred. Do they make aircraft that thick?

I can get some stuff 6" thick by 12" long. It is
Left overs that I we get and when we saw the material we have some left over the parts I make are no were mere that thick most about .100 thick holding tolerances of .0002 that's +/- two tenths of a inch

If I can get some I will let you know My boss let me have this so it was free this time

If I can get some I will let you know My boss let me have this so it was free this time

Selder',
I'd be interested in some of that long THICK Aluminum, if you have any to spare and the price is right! Knowing you got it for free doesn't make it less valuable, just makes us hope for an incredible deal! That we would NOT be able to get otherwise! Thanks! Rex

Back