Android app for knife dogs.com here!

Hey Boss,
First off, I'd like to thank you for taking steps to make the forum more accessible to us iPhone carriers. We appreciate it. I have noticed, however, that the new iPhone app has trouble accessing linked images. It seems like attached KnifeDogs hosted images are OK... but images linked from other sites do not seem to work (at least so far). Which leads me to my question...
Why did you decide to go with a standalone iPhone app rather that tweaking KnifeDogs to work with an established iPhone forum navigator (like Tapatalk)? It looks like you are using the same 4.1.5 version of vBulletin that BF is using. Is there a quick and easy way to make KnifeDogs visible with Tapatalk similar to what BF has done?

Thanks.
Erin

I looked at Tapatalk and found it was too much work to get converted and installed. I just don't have time to support something like that. We get blamed for everyone's browser blowing up as it is. If I put in that kind of module I could never support it properly and life is too short for that. I would have liked the iapp to be a little better myself but it's better than not having something at this point. The vbulletin people are pretty good about enhancements and bug fixes which is another reason we are running this software. I bet it gets better over the next several months.

I looked at Tapatalk and found it was too much work to get converted and installed. I just don't have time to support something like that. We get blamed for everyone's browser blowing up as it is. If I put in that kind of module I could never support it properly and life is too short for that. I would have liked the iapp to be a little better myself but it's better than not having something at this point. The vbulletin people are pretty good about enhancements and bug fixes which is another reason we are running this software. I bet it gets better over the next several months.

Thanks for the info Boss. I figured Tapatalk would be a bit more plug-and-play than that... guess I was wrong. I appreciate your work on this.
Erin

Back