another new guy here

seider

I am new to this I have been thinking about this for awhile and decided to give it a try a guy on a different forum recommended that I check this one out from what I can tell it will be good. Wish me luck I don't even know we're to begin

I'm assuming that you meant where to begin? The beginning is the best place to start and the guys here will certainly tell you where exactly the beginning is. Prepare to learn.

Welcome Seider,
There is a friendly bunch of Knife Dogs here and we will do our best to help.
Keep reading and ask some questions if you can't find it here in Shop Talk or New makers forums.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Welcome to KD. if you can find the info or guy here for what you want to learn to do it just cant be done :). you might want to let us know what you'd like to do. fix blade or folder. hunt, tactical, primitive, ect. also what kind of tools or experience with tools do you have?

Erik

I am more interested in fixed blade and at some point making a set of kitchen knifes I working on getting some stuff together a good vertical belt sander could use it for building BBQ pits also. I work at machine shop so I do have accesses to steel 1080 or 4140 not sure which would be best. I know I could sit down and write a program slap a chuck of steel in a 5 axis and run it out and be done with just alittle finish work. But I will start with cutting out blanks and going from there. To start with for now.

I do make flint knifes they are not the best but I have used one to process a deer before from start to finish I can put a few pics of them up here later

Back