Anyone else using Ebates

Sgp918

Is anyone else using Ebates (Cash Back - Like on a credit card) for their online knife purchases? I have been buying a lot of leather tools and SCUBA stuff off Amazon lately and getting 7% Ebates on all purchases. I also just bought a new drill press from Sears. Yah, Yah, I know, but I had the gift card lying around. You get 6% back at Sears. Some of the others I use for everyday stuff are: Lowe’s: 1.5%, Bass Pro: 3.5%, Petco: 8% (I am on the Auto-Ship program), HP: 15% (Ink and cartridges). Use the link below to sing up if you are interested.

http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=Yqz6ZRYDYYvVnRutquSlOQ==&eeid=28187

The key is all your online purchases have to start at the Ebates website above. Then you go to the retailer you want to shop at and use the retailer’s link. You can’t go straight to the retailer; you will not get any cash back.

Don't use Ebates but have you tried looking at an item on Amazon from Ebates and then looking at the same item on another computer by going straight to Amazon? Are the prices the same?

Amazon is really bad about tracking individuals who are using Ebates..... in fact I would say that Google has nothing on Amazon when it comes to tracking you're browsing activity. In my experience starting out on Ebates then to Amazon shows a higher price then if you clear you're browser cache, then go directly to Amazon. I've also learned that if you allow and item or items to sit on an Amazon "wish list", within a couple of weeks the price will generally drop 1-10% depending on the price of the item..... generally you will see the higher % price reductions on less costly items, and the lower % reduction on higher priced one.

I got so tired of all the popup advertising that I install a chrome extension called Privacy Badger, and although Google and Amazon are obviously still tracking all of us, it at least keeps me from being bombarded with advertisements all the time....only down side is that one site such as Knifedogs, I have to disable it for the site to see photos. Small price to pay for the annoyance it prevents.

Amazon is really bad about tracking individuals who are using Ebates..... in fact I would say that Google has nothing on Amazon when it comes to tracking you're browsing activity. In my experience starting out on Ebates then to Amazon shows a higher price then if you clear you're browser cache, then go directly to Amazon. I've also learned that if you allow and item or items to sit on an Amazon "wish list", within a couple of weeks the price will generally drop 1-10% depending on the price of the item..... generally you will see the higher % price reductions on less costly items, and the lower % reduction on higher priced one.

I got so tired of all the popup advertising that I install a chrome extension called Privacy Badger, and although Google and Amazon are obviously still tracking all of us, it at least keeps me from being bombarded with advertisements all the time....only down side is that one site such as Knifedogs, I have to disable it for the site to see photos. Small price to pay for the annoyance it prevents.
I have too say I agree with you Ed beacuse I been looking up different types of equiment and every time I turn around I got a pop up.Now I am not very savy on a puter so going from one site to another to buy something would drive me crazy.

Back