Anyone going to the 2013 ABS Expo in San Antonio?

Travis Fry

It starts Friday, Jan 25. I'm planning to a long day trip over from Houston on Friday for the seminars, but will leave before the banquet. Anyone else going? I'm a little surprised nobody has been talking about this.

Last edited:
Its the best show on earth for all forged blades. Well worth the drive plus the Alamo is only a block away. Its also a good place to pass Journeyman or Mastersmith without going to Atlanta.

I think I will check it out since I am so close, would love to meet up and have lunch or dinner with other dogs, just let me know.

-sd

Anyone who wants to go with me from the Houston area, I'll be leaving from Katy at about 7 am on that Friday, and leaving before the banquet to come back. The more ways we split gas/parking, the cheaper it will be.

I'm looking forward to meeting in person some of the folks I know from here, and plan to bring one knife for general critique, if I can find any willing to give it. The seminars look interesting too, though how the hell you decide between Kevin Cashen talking about heat treating and Mike Quesenberry talking about frame handle construction, I have no idea.

Travis, I would love to go but not sure of my work schedule yet. Seeing that we only live a few miles from each other, it would be easy to split the costs. I will talk to my boss this week and see if they can leave me off the books that Friday. Thanks for the offer.

I'm considering going sat I didnt know about the seminars on fri, I will have to go to the websight and check it out, But I'm coming from Dallas
so I have about a 5-6 hr drive.

Back