Armadillo Whittler

STR

Somethin came to me in the mail the other day that I ordered a while back from Jerry Barlow down in Watts Oklahoma. I've bought several whittlers from Jerry now over the time I've lived here and this is my latest one from him, this one a Case 6308 pattern. This is a 1.5 ounce split back whittler. I have a small collection of various split back style whittlers going back some years now, both manufactured and custom and this is the first time I've ever seen armadillo or even had it offered as one of the handle options. I figured I've lived in Oklahoma 22 going on 23 years and I may as well find something useful from these dreadful plant killers that have ruined my wife's flowers many times over the years! Somehow it feels downright satisfying to be using the hide of one of these critters as a handle. When I was given this material choice as an option I thought to myself, hmmm, I gotta have me one of those. The real surprise for me was the textured feel and the wonderful look of this material. Jerry really nailed the knife! It went straight from the pouch he mailed it in to my pocket in about ten seconds. Would have been sooner but I was captivated by the handles. Very pocketable and comfortable in the pocket and the hand. Great walk and talk, with Jerry's typical old timey feel to his work and his hand worked, hand filed 01 blades and springs I find no fault with this one. Love it! Thanks for looking.

STR

Attachments

• Armadillo Whittler 005 (Large).jpg
    Armadillo Whittler 005 (Large).jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Armadillo Whittler 004 (Large).jpg
    Armadillo Whittler 004 (Large).jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 45
  • Armadillo Whittler 003 (Large).jpg
    Armadillo Whittler 003 (Large).jpg
    91 KB · Views: 34
  • Armadillo Whittler 002 (Large).jpg
    Armadillo Whittler 002 (Large).jpg
    91 KB · Views: 35
  • Armadillo Whittler 001 (Large).jpg
    Armadillo Whittler 001 (Large).jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 33
Really like the armadillo scales. The blade look very nice. The knife looks great over all. Very nice score sir.

Back